domingo, agosto 27, 2006

Danny Boy


Powered by Castpost

.
.
.
Oh Danny boy, the pipes, the pipes are calling.
From glen to glen, and down the mountain side.
The summer's gone, and all the flowers are falling.
'Tis you, 'tis you must go and I must bide.
.
But come ye back when summer's in the meadow,
or when the valley's hushed and white with snow,
and I'll be here in sunshine or in shadow.
Oh Danny boy, oh Danny boy, I love you so.
.
But if you come, and all the flowers are falling,
and I am dead, as dead I may well be,
Ye'll come and find a place where I am lying
and kneel and say an "Ave" there for me.
.
And I will hear, though soft your tread above me,
and all my grave will warmer sweeter be,
and you will bend and tell me that you love me,
and I will sleep in peace until you come to me.
.
But if I live and should you die for Ireland,
let not your dying thoughts be just of me,
but say a prayer to God for our dearest Island,
I know He'll hear and help to set her free.
.
And I will take your pike and place my dearest,
and strike a blow, though weak the blow may be,
Twill help the cause to which your heart was nearest.
Oh Danny Boy, Oh, Danny boy, I love you so.
.
.
.
Canción Tradicional Irlandesa
Canta: Sinead Oconner

4 Comentarios:

Blogger HL dijo que...

Qué hermosa! Me encanta!

Has escuchado a Cowboy Junkies? Creo que te gustarían. Iván los tiene.

Saludos y abrazos!

8:07 p.m.  
Blogger Luis David dijo que...

Gracias Hilda.

No había escuchado a estos vaqueros que dices, pero ya el Iván subsanó el error.

Son buenos.

besos

9:45 p.m.  
Blogger tlacuiloco dijo que...

Una voz maravillosa la de Sinead.
Esta canción lo la habia escuchado.
Gracias Luis por recordarnos a la mujer que se gano mi corazón cuando rompio la foto del potato.

4:52 p.m.  
Blogger Tita dijo que...

que hermosa canción, creo que la letra es perfecta para la voz de sinead...
y nunca la habia escuchado, gracias por compartirla....

10:26 p.m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home